WHAT AM I GIVING UP BY SUBMITTING MY DISPUTE TO RAPID RULINGS?
Rapid Rulings is designed to provide basic due process, which is notice of a claim and the right to be heard.
When a dispute is in court there are many tactics that are available to parties to civil lawsuits. For instance, a party can request that the adversary provide all documents relevant to the claims or defenses. A party can discover what an adversary will say prior to the trial, by taking depositions of witnesses, in which questions are asked and answers are given under oath. In most civil cases, a party can request a jury trial.
This is not a complete list of the procedures you waive in the Rapid Rulings process. It is a sample of the things that might be valuable to you in making a claim. Consult an attorney to learn more.
Jill Handley will abide by the following, to the extent they apply to the Rapid Rulings business model:
- The American Bar Association Model Rules of Professional Conduct (NOTE: Rapid Rulings, LLC/Jill Handley do not engage in the practice of law and do not represent any party submitting a dispute)
- The Code of Ethics for Arbitrators in Commercial Disputes
- The American Bar Association Model Code of Judicial Conduct
The current business and financial relationships of Jill Handley are as follows:
- Rapid Rulings, LLC – Sole owner and sole service provider (no employees or contractors)
- Family - General Partner with my husband Kevin Rife in Rife Recording Studio
- Financial Planner – Michael Steele of Steeleworks
- Certified Public Accountant – Michael Karal
- Law Firms – Ackley, Kopecky & Kingery; Nyemaster Goode
- Advertising Agency – Fusionfarm
- Banking – MidWestOne Bank; U.S. Bank; Heritage Bank
- Investment – T.D. Ameritrade
- Charitable – Iowa State University; The University of Iowa; Christ Community Church; Association of Retarded Citizens of East Central Iowa/Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation; United Way of East Central Iowa; $100 or less to various other organizations on an occasional basis
- Payment Processor - Braintree, a PayPal Company